The winner of the "Guess Where This Gross Pile Came From" is.......
None of you!
I should have offered a prize for motivation.
That day I was vacuuming when suddenly my vacuum started making a noise I can only describe as screaming. I started examining it. I grabbed that accordion-like, stretchy hose thingy (does that have a better name? Oh. Hose.) to check the suction there. It was very weak. Almost none. Now there is a high pitched scream assaulting my ears and I can't vacuum the stairs. Ugh! I turn the vacuum upside down to see if there's anything stuck in the brush or something and I hear things falling on the floor. I look down and see a small bit of that stuff had fallen out of that hose thing. Hmm. I give it a shake. More. More. Shake. More. Shake. Shake. Shake. MORE! Until I had the pile you saw in the picture and incredible suction from the hose and no screaming! Eureka!
What struck me as gross is the fact that the entire hose must have been full. For how long? So I haven't really been vacuuming things UP for how long? My carpet has looked well beaten but hasn't been cleaned for how long? How long does it take to fill your vacuum hose up?
5 comments:
Hmmm. Interesting. I've not had my hose fail me before. I did have a screaming vacuum once when I large flat magnet was picked up and wouldn't go into the bag. I was a little worried that I broke my vacuum, but I fixed it!
Heck, I shoulda got that one...that happens to me frequently. Just last week in fact.
The kids had been vacuuming, I came upstairs and heard the all too familiar noise, cleared the hose and scolded, "If the vacuum sounds like that, it's not vacuumming! Come on people!" Didn't win "Mommy of the Day" prize that day.
That was my first guess!!! I just decided that'd I'd rather be "funny" than correct. But now that I've lost, I realize that nothing is better than winning. Even if there's no prize.
Shoot, I should have guessed that one. It's funny, no matter what house you go to - the vacuum gunk looks about the same. Our old vacuum had a big clog that looked just like that! Same issue too...I noticed the hose didn't have any suction one day, and had to dig it out. (a straightened wire hanger works pretty good for this...) :)
Well shoot, I actually tried to reply to the gross pile post, and I guessed that it was from the vacuum. But I just checked and for some reason it didn't post. Silly me.
That's happed to us a couple times. We've had to use a broom handle to get it all out.
Post a Comment