I have been tagged by Melanie. I will now write seven random things about myself.
1~I hide treats. (this may turn out to be the "admit there is a problem" step to overcoming addictions) Yes, Brits, it's that bad. That way I know that when I NEED one, I won't find an empty bag and go into withdrawal. I have lots of great spots. Whenever Dean discovers one of my spots my mind is surprisingly quick to determine the next hiding spot. To help me through this "no sugar" nightmare I'm following Brits on I will divulge my best hiding spot. If Dean ever reads this then he can keep me honest and check it out. The veggie drawer. I mean really, who rummages in there?
2~I dislocate joints a lot. I mean often. I mean a lot of joints often. My first dislocation happened when I was 10 or 11 or so. Playing with a big dog, turned my face, and thus body, away from a wet kiss and my left knee cap was suddenly WAY off center. Since then I have dislocated each knee at least 3 times (lost count- trampolines and skiing are the worst), left elbow (got bucked off a horse-this accident also pushed my braces through my lip), ring finger (fell off a bar I was swinging from by my knees), right shoulder twice (once skiing and once falling face first in a river (that's another story)), and most recently, as most of you know, my left shoulder (just attacking my kids on the floor). Never broken a bone. Strong bones, weak joints.
3~I really, really, really, really want to be able to play the piano well. I hated those kids in school who complained about having to practice piano. I've taught myself enough to play some of the hymns but I really need to be taught more of the technique. I'm hoping that when some money starts rolling in I will be able to ask Karen Siddoway to teach me. Maybe she can squeeze me in between her 8 year old students!
4~I hate malls.
5~I forget movie plots, and thus I can watch any movie at least 2 or 3 times and still really enjoy it and sometimes even be surprised. Often the ending won't start coming to my mind until I'm more than half-way through the movie and then I say, "Hmm, I think I remember what might happen here."
6~I love school. If we have the means when our youngest goes to school, I want to go back to school. I don't know for what. A little bit of all of it. I'll think of that later. I don't have any goals of a Master's Degree or 4 Bachelor Degrees or anything. My favorite class at BSU was Linguistics 304.
7~I really want another baby. Really bad. Really.
6 comments:
Great hiding spot - - -I'd never think of THAT.
So how are you doing on this no treats thing?
I FORGET MOVIE PLOTS, TOO! I've never met anyone like me before. One time, Rusty and I were checking out a movie at the store and I picked one out that looked good, and Rusty said, "Ummm...we watched that one last week." I had no idea.
And my linguistics class was one of my favorites as well (NOT at BSU though - in case you didn't know). That and Econ.
You are so funny. I loved reading your seven things. And I totally understand #7, I always get to that point when my kids start nearing 2 years of age and I have to tell myself to be patient, things will happen when they happen, but it is sooooo hard! I really hope things work out for you soon in that department.
Yeah, I hope you get your baby soon. I hope I get mine soon too.
I LOVE the veggie drawer idea. I'm a treat hider too...it's good to know you have something on hand. :)
I'm with you on the piano too - I can never improve much, and I think lessons would help. Lets hope for money for the both of us...
Neither one of my parents played piano when they bought one early in their marriage. Now 7 out of nine can play at least a little if not a lot. They paid for lots of lessons, but guess what? My dad started taking them 3 1/2 years ago! Isn't that awesome? His goal is to accompany his daughters singing. Never to young to learn anything...you'll get your chance!
Post a Comment