1.09.2009

Miss Know It All

Driving in the car~

Jackson - Moooom, I'm not buckled!
Mom - Jackson! Are you serious? (look in rearview, see big grin) Buddy! Are you trying to give mom a heart attack?
J - (giggling) Yeah!
Micaela - JACKSON! THAT IS NOT FUNNY!
J - Yes it is!
M - No! A heart attack is when mom fails and we wreck!
Mom - Kayla, do you mean "faints?"
M - Oh, yeah.


Walking through parking lot to store, Micaela (didn't get her coat when Mom told her to) squeezes up next to me and sticks her hand in my pocket ~

Mom - Oh, are you chilly? Do you wish you had a coat?
Micaela - NOOOOOO! I'm not cold! My hands are just sensible.

2 comments:

Hi! I'm Jeni (Jen, Jennifer, or Mom) said...

That is so funny! I could totally picture Charlie and me having the same conversation. Also, I'm always forgetting to buckle up Abi it seems. Today she even yelled at me as I started the van, "Mom, you forgot to buckle me! Silly Mom!" It's a good thing she hasn't decided she would rather be unbuckled and not tell me when I forget. Charlie use to unbuckle herself at that age and not tell me.

Smullin Family said...

I laughed at the backseat commentary. That's funny!