5.05.2013

Plug Hat Trail

We took advantage of a beautiful day and went to Colorado (20 minute drive)
 to explore that side of the 
Dinosaur National Monument.

We were one Jackson down because when I said
"whoever has their Saturday work done by 11:00 can go on a hike with us,"
I meant it.
: (







 Happy boys after a picnic lunch stop.


 I told them they might want a hat because it's such a sunny day.
They found a stash of hunting hats that Dean had stocked up on years ago.
I knew I wouldn't lose them!


 "I love being outside and I love being in the backpack and I love yanking on mom's hair!"


When I said "Thank you Vanna"  she said "huh?"

Super easy trail.
1/4 mile long.
Paved.
It about did Levi in.
Both the 20 minute drive to this point,
and that 1/4 mile.

I told them next time we are driving to the end of the road (45 minutes)
and doing a mile.
So be ready to tough it out troops!

1 comment:

A*Waite said...

What a fun little trip! I love the orange hats. Great idea to keep sights on all the kids!