5.03.2013

Jonathan @ 7 months


And the fun continues!
 He really does like food now.
His main diet consists of milk, formula, cereal and veggies.
I also give him soft things off my plate to try.
We let him suck on an orange and he kind of liked it.
Today he tried some homemade baby food recipes and loved them.
Spinach-Peas-Pears and Pumpkin-Apple.
He also devoured 1/4 of an avocado and a bunch of cheerios.

 Now that he opens his mouth for food, 
anyone can feed him!
Someday he'll say thank you Lizzy!
Right now he just screams if you're not quick enough.

He also blows big, powerful raspberries when he gets excited.
He gets excited when you feed him.
You get the messy picture.


 This was his first time in the walker.
Loved it!
And Levi loved helping him.
And both were just in heaven!

I'd say he's still our happy boy
but he's definitely forming some opinions
and he uses his super power on us when he doesn't get his way.
It's the worst scream I've ever heard.
Loud and long and loud.
Ugh.
And he doesn't only use it to get something.
Sometimes it seems like he's just bored and thinks
"Hmmm.  What can I do?  Oh yeah. This is always fun."
Then he clenches both fists, arms out to the side, and screams until he's beet red.
Then he smiles at everyone.
We do anything to make it stop.
Our parenting mantra has always been
"We do not negotiate with terrorists."
Jonathan takes it to a new level though.
We negotiate. A lot!

Micaela spent some time with him one day working on rolling.
It worked if the goal was for him to roll more.
If we care about him lying down peacefully in his crib for a nap, all swaddled up,
then no, it didn't work.
Now he rolls out of his blankets, which frees his hands to pluck his binky out of his mouth and launch it somewhere in the room, and then he wedges himself against the edge of the crib and begins to scream for help putting it all back together so he can do it all again.  
Not fun.
If he didn't share a room with Levi,
or have a sleeping Daddy next door,
 I would let him scream away.
Not really an option since the only thing worse than his scream is trying to convince Levi that just because he woke up does not mean it's breakfast time.  

He can roll onto his tummy and rotate in a circle to get what he wants.
He doesn't seem inclined to continue rolling to get anywhere.
He would rather use his super power and have one of us move him or get what he wants.
It works.
He may not walk until he's 2 ~ he has so many helpers!

He smiles SO BIG when anyone speaks directly to him.
He particularly seems to enjoy it when someone sings to him.
Loves:
Peek - a- boo
Siblings
Milk
Screaming
Waving/Flapping his arms
Buttons (remote, computer, phone...)
Fist-fulls of Levi hair
Glasses
Earrings
Avocado
Walks
Morning snuggles
Mirrors
 Tablets and Phones
Paper
Squeaking toys
Balls rolling into his lap
Riding in the backpack

Oh Jonathan!  We all adore you!
I do not want my baby to grow up!
I really love this baby stage 
and I feel sad to say goodbye to it.

2 comments:

Lora Dawn said...

Great post, Candice.
Joy Boy Jonathan....so glad to hear so much about you, you cutie!

Smullin Family said...

Aww, thanks for posting. Love getting to know him.

Hate that scream-thing that babies figure out..his super power. Is 7 mos too young to start the baby signing? Probably. --I remember the scream- thing almost drove me to violence a few times..I almost snapped. :) Good thing they are soo cute and you love them so much.