2.09.2011

For the Record

This is about a nice girl I run into occasionally.
Today I bumped into her at the Y.
I did manage to remember her name today.
I often don't.
She seems very sweet to me.
I could probably get along with her really well
except for the story she tells
to any passerby whenever we cross paths.
Like the Y child-watch staff today.
It goes something like this - Every. Single. Time.

"We have the same ex-boyfriend
who cheated on each of us with the other one.
Ha ha ha, hee hee hee, ha ha ha!"

If I was gutsy at all,
this is what I would have said to her today:

Let's just get one thing straight.
YOU were the OTHER woman.
Get it right.
He cheated on ME with YOU!

There.
That's the story.

Also for the record,
I didn't really care.
Technically he cheated on me.
Really, it just gave me an easy out.



P.S. Dean is amazing....for the record.

5 comments:

Momza said...

yikes. poke her in the eye next time. she'll get the hint. lol
You are an example of grace under pressure, Candice.
And for the record, Dean is awesome!

Candice said...

SO true Momza!! I should have put that in there....ooops! :o)

Tiffany Hales said...

I do agree that boyfriend did you a FAVOR! In more ways than one!

Next time she says that turn to the person whom she said it to and say "I am over it, apparently she is NOT!" I think that will do the trick.

Melanie said...

Oh, that is funny.

Smullin Family said...

Isn't it interesting you still run into her? Wonder what that's all about?

And for the record.... I too believe "the cheater" did you a favor, cuz I LOVE having you as my sis-in-law!!!