Usually.
I hardly ever get into Micaela's bag.
She manages the in and out of important papers pretty well.
Usually.
This morning as I was getting their coats and bags ready to head out the door,
at 8:10 am.
I happened to peek in both bags.
They both had a yellow paper in there.
"CONGRATULATIONS! Your student has earned an academic award for their performance during the fall semester. The Awards Assembly is on Friday, the 28th at 9:00 am. We hope you will be able to attend....."
WHAT?!?!?!
My annoyance at having to get me, Elizabeth and Levi fed, dressed, buckled and seated in the assembly by 9 was tempered by my happiness for them and their achievement.
I should also have received an award.
We made it.
5 minutes early.
WHAT?!?!?!
My annoyance at having to get me, Elizabeth and Levi fed, dressed, buckled and seated in the assembly by 9 was tempered by my happiness for them and their achievement.
I should also have received an award.
We made it.
5 minutes early.
Here's Jackson ignoring me,
enjoying the spotlight,
receiving an award for
Excellence in Mathematics.
Hurrah Jackson!
enjoying the spotlight,
receiving an award for
Excellence in Mathematics.
Hurrah Jackson!
Here's Micaela,
heeding 8 years of coaching,
looking right at the camera,
accepting her award for
Excellence in Spatial Awareness.
Huh?
The principal related this to problem solving, puzzles, etc.
Yay Micaela!
heeding 8 years of coaching,
looking right at the camera,
accepting her award for
Excellence in Spatial Awareness.
Huh?
The principal related this to problem solving, puzzles, etc.
Yay Micaela!
3 comments:
Way to go kiddo's and way to go you! :)
I'm thinkin' you get the Racy Mom award (er-r-r-, Racing)
Cool smart kids you have!
yes, you deserve an award too. That's a wonderful thing for the school to do to give positive attention to good students. Congrats to Micaela and Jackson. Aren't you glad the yellow note didn't say Bring two dozen cookies.
Post a Comment