11.28.2010

Bear Lake

As we got to the end of our 6 hour drive to Bear Lake it started to snow.
It didn't stop snowing until the morning we left, 4 days later.
All that snow added another layer to the fun of our trip.
We checked into our condo in the dark and the kids quickly slipped into their king size bed with a movie. Lizzy was surprised the next morning to see that we were in a winter wonder land. She played on the snow covered patio in her PJs for quite awhile.




With all that snow the obvious first choice of activity was sledding.
Dean headed out first to find a place to make some runs
while I bundled the kids up to look like someone from A Christmas Story. Lizzy and I were the last ones out and the first ones in ~ her doing.
We had so much fun trying different combinations of partners on the 2 sleds we brought. The final runs were done as a trio. Lizzy loved riding on her daddy's back.


When Lizzy was too cold to sled I took her back to the condo to warm up but we only got as far as the front door. She decided to have some more fun in the snow using a broom and dust pan.


What fun would playing in the snow be if Daddy didn't get buried.
I did hear him say he would white wash anyone who threw snow in his face.
YIKES!

The required post-sledding cocoa mugs and some game time.


Later we were off to the indoor pool and hot tub.
AHHHHH.


This "little" guy had his first swimming experience.
He was okay with it in these pictures.
We went the next day without the camera, which was the day he was loving it.
He was kicking his arms and legs all over.
That fist to mouth move happens all day long these days.
If he's not eating or sleeping in a burrito wrap, he's chewing on his fist and drooling everywhere.

These 2 had to cool down from the hot tub.

Here's a shot of beautiful Bear Lake from our condo. It's the only time it was visible.

Snow tunnel. Dean's favorite winter activity.

Our last night there was spent celebrating Lizzy's birthday.
When she came upstairs that morning to get us I said, "Happy Birthday Princess!"
Her big, brown eyes got even bigger and she gasped "Am I 4 now?"
I can't believe it either sweetie!

I tried making her cake to her precise specifications.
"It will be pink and purple with characters on top."
That left a lot of wiggle room.
The cake was chocolate for me and the characters were a Strawberry Shortcake set that her Daddy picked out for her. Easiest cake I've had for birthdays this year!


We had such a great time being together.
One perk of getting way on vacation to a place in its "off" season is that we were just together. We weren't running all around trying to cram as much in as we could. We were all laid back. No schedules. It was so refreshing. I love spending uninterrupted time with these wonderful little people and my awesome hubby.

Thanks for the trip honey!
Photobucket

6 comments:

Megan said...

Looks like so much fun! Happy for you guys :)

Tammy and Brian Family said...

How much fun is that?!?! Glad you guys had such a great time!! I love the picture of you and Levi,so cute!

Lora Dawn said...

What a great review for a totally terrific time. I can just imagine all the excited voices. You guys are good at making memories!

Tara H said...

sounds wonderful!

Chanelson said...

That looks like an absolute blast!

Lora Dawn said...

By the way, Candice, that pic of you with Levi in the pool - - - -you are gorgeous!