7.04.2010

A Picnic


Last week we met Dean for lunch at a park
partly to picnic
mostly to "feed the ducks."

Feed the ducks.
That's a phrase from my childhood.
And I remember doing that.
But like everything else,
things change.
It's not very accurate anymore.
At least not around here.

The ducks hang out and wait to be fed,
just like they always have.
But the geese, ugh!The geese don't wait.
They surround you.
They peck at you.
They hiss at you.
They crowd the littler ducks out.
They really seem like bullies to me.
They gang up on you and use intimidation.
At least they try.

I for one made an extra effort to make sure
that the little pieces of bread that I threw
either went beyond the encroaching geese
to the ducks hovering outside the attack zone,
or to the only 3 geese there that I liked.
Aren't they so cute?
Right outta my hand!
I love this video.
You'll see that their intimidation worked on
2 of our kids~especially the one cowering under the table.
The other one was just havin' a good time!



She wanted to catch one and tried to pet every, single one of them.


summer siggy

2 comments:

Smullin Family said...

I have a childhood memory of "feeding the ducks". A goose bit one of my fingers as I was trying to feed it. I have never liked geese since...way too agressive for me. I especially dislike the white ones with the big "honkers" on their beaks. I believe they are mean.

Cute Lizzy.

A*Waite said...

Jackson looks like he might get cornered under there. I think it is safer to be able to run. How fun!