5.25.2010

Happy Birthday Sweet Micaela!

About a month before the kids' birthdays I start listening to their endless lists of ideas and possibilities. About 2 weeks out we firm up the plans. So when Micaela said she wanted her party at a park and we were all wearing shorts and getting sunburned I said "no problem."

Ugh. 2 days before the party we were near flood stage with all of the rain coming down. ALL DAY LONG! Temperatures plummeted. Great. It didn't look like we would have too many guests coming so I began adjusting my thoughts and her thoughts to having a little gathering here at the house, where if we have more than 12 people, you have to find a lap to sit on!

Just as we were leaning that way the number coming doubled and I started making plans for which pieces of furniture I would ask my strong hubby to move to the garage to make room for seating! For some reason he was not on board with that and began insisting that the weather would be fine and we would just proceed with the party at the park (as I tapped at the thermostat begging it to warm up the house faster).

I tried to catch his vision but inside I wasn't so sure. I had promised an email to guests by Sunday night letting them know if we would be at the park or at our house. I spent the better part of 2 days checking 4 different weather reports online every 20 minutes. My goal for the weather was to get back to 60 degrees and sunny. Friday had been like that and had been great.

By Sunday night my online weather reports were conflicting with each other. One was on my side, one was close ~ 63 and a small chance of rain early in the day ~ and 2 didn't want Micaela to have her birthday at a park. The email would have to wait because I didn’t know who to believe.

Monday morning came bright and sunny with 3 of my online weather gurus pulling for my 8 year old. So I asked my husband to promise me that he would make sure the weather would be fine and pulled the trigger and sent the email: Party at the park. We got low 60’s (good), partially cloudy (could’ve done without) and breezy (not too bad), which actually died down quite a bit in the time we were there. The most important part: Micaela got the party she wanted and had a FABULOUS time! I believe most of the kids had fun too.

Now enough about me (can you tell how consumed I was with this? I won’t even mention how late I stayed up the night before watching all things LOST and how everything for the party was done very quickly the day of because over the weekend I was glued to the weather reports. I only forgot the drinks…I think.).


Happy Birthday Sweet, Sweet Micaela!



Her 8 cake.


These boys really stick together!



She was really excited about this huge book of Mad Libs...
I think it's because they are as crazy as she is!



A REAL CTR ring, pink even!....not the turn -your -finger -green kind.



Kayla and Katie.



This was the silly group: Abree, Audrey and Lizzy.
What's so funny?
"Happy Birthday Hair!"
"Happy Birthday Cake!"
"Happy Birthday Shoes!"
...and on and on,
each Birthday wish being followed by squeals and giggles,
those real contagious giggles.

Micaela had fun and was surrounded by people she loves.
Thanks to all who shared her special day with her.
She is really so sweet, I'm glad she got the day she hoped for.

Photobucket

1 comment:

KarenWaite said...

It was so much fun! :) Those girls ARE Silly...

And...I WILL have that cake for my birthday. YUM!