3.12.2010

TEACHER APRIL ROCKS!!

Jackson came jumping and leaping
out to the van after preschool today
with a very happy, excited look on his face.

As he climbed in I started to ask him
what had made his day so fantastic
when he yelled as loud as he could

TEACHER APRIL ROCKS!!!!!

Before I could comment or question
he began rummaging in his backpack.
He had taken his quilted blanket for "Q" show & tell
and I was a little surprised when he pulled this out.....




This isn't his blanket.
This is his baby brother's blanket.
Baby's first gift!
His teacher made it for the baby
and Jackson was thrilled.
I was very touched-
by the teacher's kindness
and by Jackson's joy over a gift for his brother.


It wasn't until we got home and were putting things away
that I fully understood Jackson's joy.

"Now I can tell Dad that I don't have to give the baby my blanket!"

Dean had told [teased] Jackson that his blanket
would get passed on to the baby
once he is born.
Jackson disagreed.
Teacher April settled it.
And thus ~~~~~~

TEACHER APRIL ROCKS!


st patty siggy

4 comments:

A*Waite said...

That is so funny!

Lora Dawn said...

Not only is the story DELIGHTFUL, so is your writing!
Pure enjoyment to read. Love you

Smullin Family said...

That big daddy tease! No wonder Jackson was so excited.

Yay, baby boy's first gift! Cute.

KarenWaite said...

I love it! Thank goodness - Jackson can sleep in peace, now. :)