12.19.2009

Forgive me Baby!

One week ago one of my greatest fears became my reality~ I was driving. It was dark. It was raining. I had all 3 kids with me. I was in busy 5 o'clock traffic. That's when I hit the gas to go and the van didn't go. Honking. Glaring. Kids back-seat-driving, "Moooooooom, it's green. GO!" Ugh! She eventually found a gear and putted through the light and to the side of the road. She was towed to a shop where she is awaiting a part that might fix her.
I know why she did it. I had recently hurt her. She's been so good to us. I loved her the moment I saw her. I don't feel like I beg much but that day at the car auction I begged. She was beautiful to me! I really do love her. But recently I had considered straying. I began noticing how much roomier some other vehicles seemed. Bigger might be better, I thought to myself. I began dwelling on the key scratch along the passenger side and the chip here and there. The one sliding door kind of sticks. She does have 104K on her, that seems like a lot.
Well she'd had it and decided to leave me for awhile so I could appreciate what we'd had. Now I'm putting around in Dean's '99 Corolla that looked like a city dump inside when I first took the keys. I've cleaned it up now. I have also mended my ways. I would do anything to have my baby back and I'll drive her for as long as she can go and take good care of her! Just come back!


Here's a picture of Micaela, my sweet, sweet girl, asking Santa for a new car for her mom. Isn't that sweet?

Dear Santa,
All I really want for Christmas this year is my baby back.






Photobucket

3 comments:

Lora Dawn said...

What a very un-handy setting for a car break down. Drat!

Mandy Peterson said...

Sorry Candice about your Van! I just saw that you had a blog! Your kids are too cute! What is your new address?
--Amanda Peterson

Candice said...

Mandy! Your blog is private so I can't get your info! Invite me? I'm so glad you found me! We're in our old house on Blue Bird ~ back in the Timbercreek Ward!