7.18.2009

Camping ~ Mann Creek

We LOVE to camp. Really love it.
Last summer was insane on more than one level
so we never got to go.
As this summer zoomed by we realized we had better
get out the camp gear before we miss another season!
It was only one night but such a great spot and close to home.


Here's Jackson with one of his friends ~ a giant cricket.
They were everywhere in spots!
He even threw one at his mother and made her scream like a little girl!
TWERP!



Micaela lost a tooth when she bit into a cookie.
The Tooth Fairy did find her that night! She was thrilled!


We all tried fishing in the creek. No bites but the kids didn't seem to mind!
I love Micaela's face here. Jackson did catch a twig!




We camped on the creek so we spent a good amount of time in it.

Micaela was determined to hatchet her way through a tree branch.
She worked so hard and made great progress.
Never did get through though.

Bubbles.


And a hike. Micaela opted to stay in her tent and read
while the rest of us climbed straight up the mountain.
These two did amazing, considering there was no trail
and we really did go straight up!



Photobucket
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Lora Dawn said...

Dean must be thrilled to have a family who all love to camp together! Happy day.

Smullin Family said...

When I read about what Jackson did with one of the giant crickets, I thought, "Dean!". :)

Did Micaela miss her coat??? It's still hanging around here. I need to get that to you guys.

Melanie said...

Looks like so much fun! It makes me want to go even more. We also love camping and haven't really had a free weekend.

Celeste said...

I love the picture of Lizzy with the bubbles! So precious.

Tiffany Hales said...

Looks like fun, still does not make me want to camp...so I am glad someone enjoys it!

Martha said...

Jackson looks a lot like his dad at that age. :)

Chris and Shelly said...

I guess there isn't a better place for a man to go than Mann Creek! I'm not calling you a man... I'm just saying.... never mind. It looked like fun!

Brits said...

Your toes are cute.

Debbie and Boys said...

Cute toes, and reading your posts and seeing your pictures makes me miss you! Wish we could have hung out when we lived in the same place! grrr....
Well, post some girlfriend!