Micaela has had 3 wiggly teeth for a little while. Friday she came home from school and decided one was ready to go. She walked up to me with less than a foot of dental floss and said, "Here. Tie a loop in this for me." Huh? She was going to pull it out. I had several thoughts at this point.
1. We have dental floss?
2. Is it that loose?
3. Isn't this how tooth number 2 got lost in the carpet?
4. There is no way she is brave enough to really do this.
She pulls on it for about 43 seconds then says to me, "Here, you do it." More thoughts:

1.Is it that loose?
2. Me?
3. Where's Dean?
I didn't think she was serious. Suddenly the thought of yanking on that thing made me a bit uncomfortable. The Micaela I know has zero tolerance for pain. If I yank that thing out I will be found guilty of inflicting pain, causing bleeding, and probably losing tooth number 3 in the carpet. I will become public enemy number 1 with her! She persists. I still think it's all talk, no way will she walk this walk. I pretend like I'm getting ready to. "Let's find a spot where we can easily find the tooth if it flies. Let's get you something to hold yourself to so I don't yank you too. Let's see if this little string will even fit around my finger." She's a very willing participant. Not backing down. Gulp. I'm up. I take a deep breath, yank, and stare at the string in my hand, thinking it slipped off the tooth. I look at Micaela. Her eyes are HUGE! Blood is pouring out of her mouth, and she is yelling, "It's over there Mom, go get it! MOM! Over there!"
TADA!
1. We have dental floss?
2. Is it that loose?
3. Isn't this how tooth number 2 got lost in the carpet?
4. There is no way she is brave enough to really do this.
She pulls on it for about 43 seconds then says to me, "Here, you do it." More thoughts:
1.Is it that loose?
2. Me?
3. Where's Dean?
I didn't think she was serious. Suddenly the thought of yanking on that thing made me a bit uncomfortable. The Micaela I know has zero tolerance for pain. If I yank that thing out I will be found guilty of inflicting pain, causing bleeding, and probably losing tooth number 3 in the carpet. I will become public enemy number 1 with her! She persists. I still think it's all talk, no way will she walk this walk. I pretend like I'm getting ready to. "Let's find a spot where we can easily find the tooth if it flies. Let's get you something to hold yourself to so I don't yank you too. Let's see if this little string will even fit around my finger." She's a very willing participant. Not backing down. Gulp. I'm up. I take a deep breath, yank, and stare at the string in my hand, thinking it slipped off the tooth. I look at Micaela. Her eyes are HUGE! Blood is pouring out of her mouth, and she is yelling, "It's over there Mom, go get it! MOM! Over there!"
TADA!

6 comments:
Wow! Bravo Micaela!
I love your commentary, it's like I'm right there in your head! :0)
What a fun post! I don't think I would have been that brave.
"We have dental floss?"
HAHAHAHAHAHA!
What a brave little girl! I loved the "We have dental floss?" That was too funny.
Oh good job! I haven't been able to do that yet...not sure I ever will.
Oh, what a cute looks-like-a-1st grader-look. Brave girl. I love you, Micaela! :o)
Post a Comment