2.14.2009

Slacker Tooth Fairy

As in most homes, our home has a tooth fairy that has been known to leave things for people who lose their teeth. Unlike most homes, money has never been involved. Cute, personalized notes on Tooth Fairy paper, lotions, stickers, lip gloss, etc. are what our Tooth Fairy has left.

Friday night after Micaela lost her tooth the memo was sent to our Tooth Fairy, she did get it. She also got really busy up through bed time, then she got really relaxed during a movie, then she got really sleepy and went to bed, memo forgotten.

Thank goodness for germs! Especially the germs attacking Micaela's little sister. These germs made Lizzy have a coughing fit in the wee hours of Saturday morning (2 AM) which woke up Micaela's mom who went upstairs to check things out. On her groggy way downstairs she stopped abruptly and consulted the Tooth Fairy. You did get the memo? Oh! Yes. Have you made your rounds yet? Oops! You better hurry! The poor Tooth Fairy had to stumble around with only 10% of her brain functioning and find something to leave in exchange for that tooth!

Early Saturday morning Micaela comes bounding into our room. "MOM! DAD! Look what she left me! Look what I got!" As Dean registers that she is bouncing up and down about a crisp, brand new $1 bill, he rolls over, looks at me, and says to her, "I think the Tooth Fairy has lost her mind. Either that or she's prepaying you for your next 4 teeth."

6 comments:

Meshelle said...

I'm so glad that Lizzy had a cough & you were able to remind the tooth fairy!!...I have to remind the tooth fairy the next day, on several occasssions. She always feels horrible about it....

Melanie said...

Haha! Funny post once again. Oh, the things we do for our children. :)

Jill said...

Love it. When I was a kid the tooth fairy got forgetful too. On more than one occasion my little sister woke up crying because the tooth fairy forgot her. Then I had to slip away to my mother, get a dollar, tell my sister that her money probably just fell off the bed when she was sleeping, then help her "find" it on the floor.

Horsley5 said...

We had a similar experience this week as well. We have to tell the recipient that the tooth fairy must be backed up or your box was too buried for her to find it. We have forgotten several nights in a row before and the guilt is horrible! I tell myself (and child) that this is teaching them patience and they will always get the prize eventually :)

Ward Family said...

We too have forgotten and had to help "find" it. I LOVE that your tooth fairy leaves presents! What a fun idea! I also LOVE that Dean thought it was crazy to get $1 for one tooth. I totally agree (of course YOU were in a pinch)! Our kids get $5 sometimes at their mom's house. Rich tooth fairy over there. They never want to lose their teeth here...lol!

Smullin Family said...

Dean must know our toothfairy...she's cheeeap! Our kids get .50 cents...if they're lucky.
The toothfairy no longer visits Rylee and Taylee. Last year, they had a discussion about whether or not she was real. I believe their conclusion was, not real. She was so offended, she never visited their pillows again. Treyson still believes and is still in "good standing" with the toothfairy, so she still visits him. :o)