The other day I was helping Micaela with her math. They've been working with pennies, nickles and dimes for awhile. This week they added quarters into the mix. She had to look at a picture of several coins and figure out how many cents those coins were worth. 3 quarters add a dime. She is great at counting by tens and by fives, but when we got to 75 and had to add ten it kept confusing her. "25, 50, 75....80?" No. Add 10, not 5. "25, 50, 75....100?" "50, 75, 76?"All this time Jackson is sitting at the bar coloring. He looks up after awhile and says, "It's 85." I just stared at him. Micaela's first reaction, as always, was to say, "Nuh uh! You don't know 1st grade stuff!" I told her he was actually right. Then she stared at him too.
Me ~ Jackson. How did you know that? That's great thinking!
J ~ Moo-oom. I'm really smart.
Me ~ You sure are!
J ~ I eat the special kind of smarties.
Micaela ~ (whiny) I like smarties too!
J ~ Not the special kind or you'd know it's 85.
8 comments:
Candice, that is HILARIOUS!!!!
hysterical, how cute are your kids? I have so much to look forward to.
That's adorable, pretty funny too!
That is too cute! I love it.
oh my goodness - - - - math on the sly. What gifted kiddos--and funny!
LOL! That is awesome! His sense of humor reminds me of Dean.
Where can I get those "special" smarties??? I will buy a case for my class!
That's hilarious!
Post a Comment