12.02.2008

Git 'er done!

On Saturday Dean was busy helping his uncle and then his sister move. He left early and didn't get back until 5 or so. While he was gone the kids and I wanted to put up all of our Christmas decorations, unfortunately I had forgotten to ask Dean to get the 2 heavy boxes down from the hanging shelves in the garage. We would not be stopped. So I flirted with death and used whatever means I had to and got those two huge boxes down. I only pulled one muscle! We got the inside looking great. Tree up. Stockings up. Nativity up. Wreath up. Now only one thing remained. The outside lights. Ok. If I can get those boxes down surely I can hang lights, right? Wrong. We got them all unstrung, tested them, got the extension cord plugged in, got the ladder extended and up against the house, got me up to about the 4 rung of the ladder and then we were done. I HATE ladders. I don't use that word very often. And I guess I actually think ladders are a great thing. To clarify: I HATE ladders when I am the one on it. Right about now Dean came home and was hungry and tired. If I had said, "Honey, will you please hang the lights tonight?" I think he would have laughed at me. But as it was, there were strings of lights everywhere, the ladder was up, the cord was up, really kind of a mess. Instead I said, "Hey, I'll run to the store and get some replacement bulbs while you get them up and we'll be all done. See? They're all ready for you!" It worked! They went up that night! Jackson wanted to help and climbed up there with his Dad, which made me almost as nervous as if I had been the one climbing up there. Then Micaela felt like she might be missing out and asked for help climbing up there, then decided she would rather be on the ground. Like mother like daughter? Well, we all survived and we are enjoying the glow of our lights.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Melanie said...

Way to go, superwoman! I also love the Thanksgiving post. That picture of Jackson on the motorcycle really is great.

Brits said...

Wow that's nerve wracking with the kids up there! I wasn't going anywhere near our roof, but I did have to hang out my bathroom window and hold the ladder in place while it precariously clung to our eave and Rusty climbed up it. I thought he was going to die. But Christmas lights are worth it.

Lora Dawn said...

Don't kid yourself, I'm guessin' Dean's thrilled to be old enough to give himself permission for a dangerous mission in high places.

Love the sky background

Liz K Harding said...

You are So cute, I can totally hear YOU in your posts, just like if you were sitting next to me telling me all about it! =)