One annual tradition is this Ison FHE. Any of Grandma and Grandpa Ison's posterity that can make it are invited. We usually meet in a church to accommodate everyone. We start with all the great-grand kids dressed as shepherds and someone holding a baby while an adult reads the story of Christ's birth from Luke. Then we sing some carols with hand bells. The kids love following the color chart to see when they get to ring their bell. At some point during our singing Santa always arrives. He reaches into his bag and calls each kid up to his lap to get their gift. When Santa leaves, the adults play a gift exchange game while the kids examine and compare their gifts. Then everyone visits while we munch on the yummy snacks and treats. It is a highlight of our Christmas season every year. Here's part of a carol for your enjoyment!12.02.2008
Annual Ison Christmas Family Home Evening
One of my favorite things I got in the package-deal when I married Dean was his family. They are so good to each other and love being together. I am so blessed to be part of this family. I love you guys!
One annual tradition is this Ison FHE. Any of Grandma and Grandpa Ison's posterity that can make it are invited. We usually meet in a church to accommodate everyone. We start with all the great-grand kids dressed as shepherds and someone holding a baby while an adult reads the story of Christ's birth from Luke. Then we sing some carols with hand bells. The kids love following the color chart to see when they get to ring their bell. At some point during our singing Santa always arrives. He reaches into his bag and calls each kid up to his lap to get their gift. When Santa leaves, the adults play a gift exchange game while the kids examine and compare their gifts. Then everyone visits while we munch on the yummy snacks and treats. It is a highlight of our Christmas season every year. Here's part of a carol for your enjoyment!
One annual tradition is this Ison FHE. Any of Grandma and Grandpa Ison's posterity that can make it are invited. We usually meet in a church to accommodate everyone. We start with all the great-grand kids dressed as shepherds and someone holding a baby while an adult reads the story of Christ's birth from Luke. Then we sing some carols with hand bells. The kids love following the color chart to see when they get to ring their bell. At some point during our singing Santa always arrives. He reaches into his bag and calls each kid up to his lap to get their gift. When Santa leaves, the adults play a gift exchange game while the kids examine and compare their gifts. Then everyone visits while we munch on the yummy snacks and treats. It is a highlight of our Christmas season every year. Here's part of a carol for your enjoyment!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
You're kinda becoming a professional at this Candice (blogging that is)! I still need to figure out how to do that Picsa thing! Picsa didn't like me, last time I tried.
Great posts. You are a super CHRISTMAS woman!
Love your new background too.
Yes, very nice back ground. Loved your post and the video. I missed ringing those bells by one day. I think they are so fun. So who got grandma Ison's jewelry box gift?
I'm jealous that all your family is here.
Your nieces kept me company tonight while I stapled 1000 candy canes to free gym passes. They're sweet girls.
I love the Ison Christmas party! I'm sad that we live too far away to go anymore. Hey, how about moving it to Utah next year?
Thanks for the post, I kind of got to vicariously be there through it. :)
What a wonderful tradition! It's so Norman Rockwell.
BTW - If you want help on your blog let me know! If there's any fancy html stuff you want done to the layout I'm pretty much a pro now. Even if you just want to copy mine. :)
Ha! I did change it just for you. I figured you were tired of the warriors picture, and since the truth about me not really being a fan has come out, I thought it was time. But I changed it last night before you even mentioned that you liked the picture. :)
I need some blog help.
How do I make it so that when someone posts it goes to the top of the list... or atleast tells me how long it's been since their last post? -Then I don't have to do the "click on each one at a time and close" method.
Maybe if I mess around I can figure it out..but it would be easier just to be told. :o)
I have ALWAYS wanted to be there for an Ison family christmas party! I want to come! Let us know next year when it is happening!!!
He was last year's X Factor (American Idol for England) winner. He's really good, but none of his songs are available in the US yet. He's been singing a little with Michael Buble, that's how I found him.
Post a Comment