11.16.2008

The Errand of Angels

That's the song that came to my mind today at church. With Dean in the Bishopric and me still leading the music we were asked to "call some helpers" to sit with our kids. Bishop Bastian hinted that Sister Bastian would be a great one, and Karma Gardner instantly popped into my mind. When I called these ladies during the week they quickly said yes. As I watched them sit down with my sweet and spunky brood I had a great feeling of gratitude come over me. It was only slightly tainted by my feelings of worry and guilt for Sis. Bastian and Karma giving up some of the peacefulness of their Sacrament Meeting experience. My family is being blessed exponentially. Dean and I get to serve and listen to the messages in the meeting and my kids get to be influenced by great, kind and patient women (something they would miss out on if things had gone as I expected and I were sitting with them!). I was more grateful when no screaming or arguing came from that 2nd bench. Many more angels approached me throughout the day offering to sit with them in the weeks to come and my gratitude grew even more.

3 comments:

Amy said...

The Lord truely blesses his sevants. While Jerry was in the Bishopric I felt the Lord's tender mercies in every sacrament meeting. The children seemed more reverent and my patience was increased. The Lord also sent many angels to help. It is amazing.

Smullin Family said...

I was wondering if they would release you, with Dean's new calling. I just assumed they would. Is it not a possibility?

Thank goodness for sweet friends/ ward members. This kind of care adds to the gospel sweetness. I love it!

Smullin Family said...

PS- This is a comment about your poll... I voted Red Box, we LOVE it and now we're receiving a FREE movie rental on Mondays! Can't beat that price!