11.24.2008

2-year-old Turkey

Elizabeth turned 2 on Sunday. 2 years ago I woke up Thanksgiving morning and knew our plans were about to change. Instead of a turkey dinner we would enjoy turkey sandwiches at the hospital after Lizzy made her appearance 10 days early.
She has brought so much joy to our family. She enjoys being silly and making people laugh. She seems to be somewhat of a thrill seeker unless we're talking about the motorcycle, then she says "no thank you." She's quite smart. Sometimes when Dean and I watch TV after the kids are in bed we can hear Elizabeth in her room saying in her sweet voice, "Daaaaaaaaddy, I waaatch foooooball wid youuuuuu? Me? Daaaaaaaaddy? Foooooooooball?" It's worked on her daddy once. He just couldn't resist...she was speaking his language! Smart girl! Thank you to our family who came to celebrate with her. We love having most of you close enough to come. She and Jackson have been playing with your fun gifts all morning long!

2 comments:

Brits said...

What a beautiful little girl!

Melanie said...

Ah, how cute! Happy Birthday, little girl!