10.10.2008

The Harvest

I have loved having a garden. We started a garden the first summer we were married. But I had never learned how to preserve what we grew until this year. My great friend and neighbor Amy let me come over and work on peaches and apple sauce. My other great neighbor, Karen Siddoway, let me pick her grapes and came to my house to teach me how to make delicious juice. I love it! This year is my learning year. A bit of this, a bit of that. Next week is apple pie filling. Next year I hope to have the equipment and the storage shelves to really get after it. Here's a sampling of this years harvest.


5 comments:

Tory said...

Awesome! Now you can teach me!

Lora Dawn said...

Bee-you-ti-full! I am impressed.
And Grandma Ison talks about your new canning prowess every day. :o)

Smullin Family said...

Hey Candice,
How come I didn't know about your blog??? You've been holdin' out on me. :o) I discovered it through Amber's blog. Sneaky, eh?
Great job with the garden and the canning. I admire your ambition and excitement for learning new things. I need to get a little more of that in some areas.
I also checked out some of your family/friend blog sites and discovered old family friends. Cool!
See you tonight...if you guys still plan on coming over.

Chris and Shelly said...

You got a BLOG! The canning looks great. Sorry I didn't make it for the applesauce. I even bought apples at the grocery store that day, but Logan really needed his nap. Better luck next time!

Ward Family said...

So impressive Candice! I have always wanted to learn how to can. I didn't know you had a blog. I am so excited to check in on ya! If you're feeling like it, give me a call sometime and we can get together! My little guy isn't feeling great. He has an eye infection, so we are camping out at home this week. Anyway...good to see/ hear from you all of the time! Miss you!