10.25.2008

Dinosaur Bones!


Today we took Jackson and Liz (Micaela had a date with Grandma) to Elephant Mountain to explore and Jackson hoped to find some dinosaur bones! He even took some tools he's read that paleontologists use. The mountain is very steep and tough for little legs. There was a crevice in the mountain that we climbed up into and scared a big bird out of. Lizzy was fearless. She kept telling Dean to put her down. Crazy girl! Jackson was never really worried he just insisted on having some help, very sensible! Once we were up all the way we continued our fossil search. I was just trying to let Jackson's imagination and love of dinosaurs lead our play. But what did we find? Bones! They are too small to call dinosaur bones but we did call them prehistoric critter bones. Prehistoric can mean "swallowed by a bird a week ago," right? He sifted through the rocks and dirt and found quite a few. I was pleasantly surprised at our luck to have picked a large birds nest area to explore. Now he plans to put them together.

Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Lora Dawn said...

Like father, like son. . . .
Nothing Dean liked better than being out doors, counting animals, dead or alive

Smullin Family said...

Hey, I just sent you an email trying to explain how to do that fun mosaic photo thingy, but you've already figured it out. Way to go!
Fun day. Funny Jackson and sweet Lizzy!

Hi! I'm Jeni (Jen, Jennifer, or Mom) said...

What fun! I think that was a great idea to take the kids out looking for bones, even if they were ones that came out the wrong end of a bird! :0) I may have to copy this idea before it gets too cold.

Amy said...

That looks like a awsome place to go. You'll have to tell me how to get there. I am sure Jackson was excited. Your blog looks great!

Tory said...

Fun place! You will have to let me know were this is, all of my boys would love it! You site is cute, congrats on figuring it out! :)

Jodes said...

Yea we need to know where this is! Looks like it was a lot of fun!

Hailey said...

Hi Candace! Remember me? I snagged your blog address from Ambers blog. I hope you don't mind. You have an adorable family... It's good to see you and Dean happy as ever. I hope all continues to go well for you guys. Take care!

Brits said...

Yeah, where is this place?

Ummm...just so you know, I am not a crazy blog stalker. A blog stalker, yes. But not crazy.