Turning eight means Cub Scouts for Jackson!
He was so excited for this part of his life to begin.
Could it have been any more perfect that the first pack meeting after
his birthday was cutting and building pinewood derby cars? Oh my!!! Off to a great start.
The night of the derby, Dean didn't get off quite in time and Jackson's car was having some troubles. A wonderful man in our ward took him under his wing and helped him add weights and graphite. Throughout the night he would call Jackson over to make a few adjustments.
Jackson's car took 1st once and didn't do too hot the rest of the time.
It would be ahead most of the way and then fall behind at the very end.
I was worried about his reaction because he had talked so much about
how fast he hoped his car would go and how fun it would be to win.
I was very proud of his good attitude.
He said, "it was just so much fun to even be there!"
| His is the car in lane #3. |
| Cocoa and doughnuts at the finish line. |
4 comments:
How fun! I am sure he is going to love being a cubscout!!
This just makes me smile. I'm proud of you Jackson...and your awesome attitude. :)
PS- Cool car!
I love Jackson's attitude.
"Come what may....and love it!
Post a Comment