12.14.2012

Levi Update

This awesome kid is so much fun.  
Stats:  38.6 pounds;  37 inches tall; perfectly healthy!






Levi:  Complete sentences.  I want to play a game.  Mom, let's play game, c'mon!   I hongy (hungry) agin (again.).  Oops,  I so sorry.   I want to eat.   I can't do it, please help me.  Canis Waite, what you doin'? (This cracked us up!!)  Oh Jonthin, you sad? You need a car?  Here go, I get you a car, see?  Happy? (sooooo sweet to his baby!)




.

One night we were having dinner and, as usual, struggling to get Levi to eat something not  made mostly of sugar.  At some point he got down from the table with his plate. My head was turned talking to Dean and I didn't notice him until Dean got a funny look on his face looking behind me.  Here came Levi with his plate in one hand, the dust pan in another, and his nose all squished up saying "dinner - yucky -  trash."  TWERP




One day we were at the library.  Our Garden City library called itself "Not a Quiet Library."  It had lots of toys for the kids and was often a bit noisy.  This library is different and our kids will need some training.  Things were beginning to unravel and I was rounding everyone up to go.  It took me a minute to find Levi standing behind one of the columns.   I asked him to come to me and hold my hand but he wouldn't move.  I looked closer and saw that he was standing on a library picture book.  I went to him and asked him to get off the book.  "No!  Book!"  I know it's a book.  We can't stand on library books.  You need to get off.  "No!  Book!  No off!"  I was getting a bit frustrated and couldn't figure out why it was so important to him to stand on that book.  I finally moved him myself and asked him to pick up the book and put it on the shelf.  He reached for it in a cautious way, grabbed it, and jumped back.  There on the rug where the book had been was a very squished bug.  He hadn't been saying "No!  Book!"  He was saying "No!  Bug!"  As he was looking at the books, he saw a bug, picked up a book, smacked the bug with it, and for good measure, stood on the book.  I was suddenly very proud of him!  :o)

And he talks just like this kid from Goonies and Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom.  Remember him?  It seems like at least once a day he will say something and Dean and I look at each other and say "Hold on lady, we go for ride!"  Sounds just like him, so watch one of those movies if you are missing the sound of Levi's voice!

3 comments:

A*Waite said...

What a fun kid!

Lora Dawn said...

Levi....you're the bomb!

'Canis Waite, what you doin'?'....I laughed out loud. Several times.

nesquik405 said...

Funny funny boy!

Kristen