My house is a disaster.
The worst case of mess we've had in awhile.
Please don't come here.
I would be SO embarrassed!
Something's different about this mess.
I was planning my attack strategy while the kids were getting ready for school
and I realized I wasn't feeling irritated by it all,
like I usually would.
I definitely feel an urgency to get the place put back together,
but no irritation.
Why?
These piles represent good times,
not laziness.
That's the difference.
Laziness piles irritate me.
Busy, fun weekend piles don't.
Instead of chasing everyone around all weekend
nagging about putting everything away,
I just let the good times roll
and we had a
Fun
Enjoyable
Peaceful
Happy
weekend together.
It is ironic that the BOYS' room is the cleanest room in our house right now. Weird.
The girls' room is a total loss. May need a bulldozer. Micaela begged me to let them wait until Spring Break to clean it up. Huh? (Doesn't sound fun to me!) I'm tempted to let her experience that choice. Haven't decided yet.
Living in a smaller space means we reach "mess" status a lot faster. It also makes getting back to tidy quicker and easier. So here I go!
3 comments:
hang in there!! One thing that helps me is eliminating stuff I never want to clean up again and not replacing it!
I recently read on some blogs about a thing called "40 Days, 40 Bags"..or something like that. Bascially you get rid of 40 bags of stuff, in 40 days. I'm intrigued.
I wish I were in your emotional space. I even get irritated with happy messes, most of the time.
Your attitude is amazing!
Post a Comment