Almost 2 years ago I had an ultrasound that broke my heart. Our baby boy had died and I cried and cried on that table. The screen didn't show any acrobatics or thumb sucking. Just arms, legs and heart that were perfectly still. It was horrible.
Today, as the technician called me back, I thought I might be sick. The machine I had loved had not been kind last time and I wasn't looking forward to the reunion. I laid back, grabbed Dean's hand and waited for the screen to come to life. That same technician, who 2 years ago had to give us bad news, was showing us the beating heart within 10 seconds of squirting that cold gel on my tummy. She quickly became my friend as she said over and over again how wiggly that baby was and how difficult that baby was making it to take the measurements she needed. I cried on that table again. This time tears of gratitude.
My doctor is thrilled and laughs, in an understanding kind of way, at my nervousness. He is looking forward to seeing me in labor and delivery in August. Boy I hope so.
11 comments:
1st of all, congratulations! I didn't know u were expecting.
awwwwww, that is such a sweet post. I am sorry you had pain and glad you now can have joy! We'll keep you in our prayers. Hope everything goes well this time.
Thanks for filling me in. So glad to hear such wonderfully, wiggly news.
Remember to keep me in mind for future doctor's appointments. I'm sorry I wasn't able to help out today.
I'm feeling... boy. Probably completely wrong, but that's what I'm feeling right now.
I didn't know you lost a baby. I'm so sorry for your loss. I feel the same way about ultrasounds though. When I found out Max was going to be a boy I cried and cried because Nic was in Iraq and I knew how badly he wanted a boy and would've liked to be there. It was a sweet moment for me. Congratulations again! So exciting for you guys!
Such great news....I can't even express how happy I am for you!! I thought of you many times today, and I am so glad there's a wiggly little baby coming in August!!
What a joyful post. Makes me happy and teary eyed. Hallelujah! Love you.
What a beautiful entry so heart felt, very nice. Happy for you. I loved what the kids said too.
I nearly cried during this post! I'm really REALLY happy that you are pregnant! Congratulations!
Add me to the list of people who are SO HAPPY FOR YOU. Congratulations!
Congratulations!! So glad to hear your ultrasound went well!
Congratulations! I'm so happy for you!!
Post a Comment