4.21.2009

"Oh what do you do in the summertime"

~ or at least when it feels like it? We meet friends at a park to play, visit, eat and get really hot, sweaty and thirsty. The mothers watched their children bake before their eyes. We discussed which child's face was the deeper shade of red. They were pleading with each adult "water? water?" Every water bottle had been sucked dry. It was suggested to them that we might set up our own water park of sorts in our back yard with sprinklers, slip-n-slide, pool and water slide. I have never seen a bunch of kids more happy to leave a park. Unfortunately I didn't get my camera out during the water party. My kids went back out before dinner and that's when I started snapping pictures...


Micaela and Jackson really enjoyed the pool and slide.


Elizabeth had her own party with the air pump. I assure you that each picture of her is candid. She was trying to stay away from the cold water and was no where near us, nor was she aware of us it would seem.


(note to certain members of my family ~ if you would like to see a larger version of the pictures double click on them)

Photobucket

2 comments:

David and Kendra said...

That looks like tons of fun!

Ward Family said...

What beautiful photos! Looks like tons of fun! Can't wait for summer break!