3.30.2009

I have creative friends.

I try and imitate them. Sometimes it works out. For Amber Croff's
baby shower Amy Johns made a wonderful baby quilt that we sat
around trying to figure out. She gave us instructions and I HAD to try it,
but for who? Tawnya said she'd take one even if I did a horrible job -
or something to that effect. My sister donated the pink fabric
for the back. The kids had fun at the fabric store finding the fabric
for the strips. I just had fun. It came out slightly flawed, but not horrible.
Several weeks ago Liz Harding taught a class about decorating our homes in a budget conscience way. She raved about the ability of spray paint to rescue almost any piece. I had bought an entry table for 10 bucks that was orange oak that the lady had started to paint a cream color. I was having nightmares about sanding and staining. $6 bucks in spray paint and gloss and Voila! My barren entry way is much better!This is the finished YELLOW bathroom. The kids love it. I don't.

4 comments:

Melanie said...

Look at you being all creative. I love the quilt. So cute. Good job!

Christie Quirl said...

Hey sis, the blanket looks great. I love the table, and I don't think the bathroom looks that bad. Good job on all of your projects.

Ward Family said...

Cute cute stuff! Nice job on the table, and the blanket looks great! We are looking to buy a house again. Most likely will be in Nampa, and I'm trying to do a preschool. We'll be close again! So fun!

Smullin Family said...

Candice, I LOVE all of your recent creations and decor!
I've been itching to try that quilting technique... you'll have to be my "expert" if I have questions. :o)--I was explaining it to my mom-in-law this weekend and of coarse she's done it and was giving me her advice. She also told me how you can do it "log cabin" style.