I LOVE this movie. I love that TBS plays it back to back for 24 hours leading up to Christmas. It makes me laugh every time I see it.Here's some great lines from the movie:
Ralphie: Oooh fuuudge!
Ralphie as Adult: [narrating] Only I didn't say "Fudge." I said THE word, the big one, the queen-mother of dirty words, the "F-dash-dash-dash" word!
Mr. Parker: [stunned] *What* did you say?
Ralphie: Uh, um...
Mr. Parker: That's... what I thought you said. Get in the car. Go on!
Ralphie as Adult: [narrating] It was all over - I was dead. What would it be? The guillotine? Hanging? The chair? The rack? The Chinese water torture? Hmmph. Mere child's play compared to what surely awaited me.
Mother: All right. Now, are you ready to tell me where you heard that word?
Ralphie as Adult: [narrating] Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master. But, I chickened out and said the first name that came to mind.
Ralphie: Schwartz!
Ralphie as Adult: [narrating] Over the years I got to be quite a connoisseur of soap. Though my personal preference was for Lux, I found that Palmolive had a nice, piquant after-dinner flavor - heavy, but with a touch of mellow smoothness. Life Buoy, on the other hand... YECCHH!
Narrator: Aunt Clara had for years labored under the delusion that I was not only perpetually 4 years old, but also a girl.
Mr. Parker: He looks like a deranged Easter Bunny.
Mother: He does not!
Mr. Parker: He does too, he looks like a pink nightmare!

[overdressed for winter]
Randy: I can't put my arms down!
Mother: Well... put your arms down when you get to school.
Ralphie as Adult: [narrating] My kid brother looked like a tick about to pop!
The other day Lizzy and I were bundling up to play in the snow and I thought of those last 3 lines. After I got her bundled she said, "Mommy, I big. Mommy, I snowman." Yep, her arms were sticking out just like a snowman's. Or does she look like a pink nightmare?
2 comments:
That's such a great movie! And Lizzy is so cute. I bet when she wakes up asking for a cookie you give it to her, huh? I would!
So you're doing the no sugar thing, too? AWESOME! Maybe we'll actually do FHE here if it means I could get a treat...
NO! I do NOT give her a cookie. Dean and I finished them off the night before!
Yea, we'll give it a shot. We might make it 3 days.
I love your picture! That's one cute girly!
You're at DQs as I write this. I am too tired but what are YOU eating? French fries don't have sugar in them....
Post a Comment