12.19.2008

Was I Drunk?

Last night we had our Relief Society Christmas Dinner and Program. I was lucky to have had our president and committee do all the work and I just had to show up and conduct, even that was a bit shaky! The Enrichment committee did a fabulous job putting the night together.
I left the church about 9 to go pick up my kids. I was feeling quite tired as I drove toward the Neal's house. I usually don't turn on the Boulevard and then on to Moss (it's a right then quick left for those of you who don't know what I'm talking about). Well I missed Moss. So I had to go a bit, turn around then head back to Moss. Right after I made the curvy part of Moss and was headed straight, I saw those dreaded red and blue lights flashing in my mirror. What? Ugh! I am so tired, my kids are up so late and the Neals are waiting for me. What did I do? I didn't even do a U-turn back there. I turned into a parking lot and came back out. Nice young officer approaches me. "Hi. I pulled you over for a couple of reasons. You crossed over the white line back there on the Boulevard and then when you turned on Moss you crossed the yellow line twice making the curve. Have you been drinking ma'am?" WHAT?!?! "I did?" "Yes, you did." "Um, no, I don't drink. I'm so sorry. I missed my turn but I didn't think I was swerving." "Not too much but I just wanted to make sure. Have a good night." That was it but I was oh so embarrassed! He didn't ask for I.D. or insurance. I didn't have to walk the line or anything. But man was I embarrassed. For a good reason too, that I didn't realize until this morning. Our Relief Society president called me and said, "Candice, I saw you with the police last night, is everything alright?" Oh boy.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Oh, Candice! I'm so sorry. Did you at least get a good night sleep?

Jana Lee Bumblebee said...

oh haha

Here's another ha ha. Grandma Ison has it in her head that Dean is now a Bishop. I'm dying of curiosity. Nay or yay?

Brits said...

I bet someone spiked the egg nog at the Christmas dinner. I was a little tipsy that night, too. :)