11.19.2013

Hernando's Hideaway



Micaela read in Grandma McKinley's journal about Hernando's Hideaway and wanted to reenact it.
She made it as much like a real restaurant as she could.
I wish I took more pictures but I seem to always photograph the beginning of an event and then get too wrapped up in the activities to remember to use the camera again!

She made the sign.

She arranged the dining area.


She even made menus to hand out.

Appetizer: mixed nuts and a green salad
Main course:  Cheeseburger or Chicken strips
Sides: Macaroni, Fries or Mashed Potatoes
Dessert: Brownie or Cinnamon Roll
Beverages: Sprite, Lemonade, Milk or Water

She served everyone and helped with all the cooking.

The point was to discuss and practice good restaurant and table manners.
We did that a bit
but everyone seemed to have more fun asking Kayla to fetch this and that.

Great job Micaela!!!

Thanks for preserving that memory for us Grandma!!
 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Lora Dawn said...

hey hey.....your menu was much more extensive than the old Hernando~s. Way to go with all the details, Micaela!