1.23.2012

The Boy Loves to Play Ball


Yep. That's a volleyball floating in the toilet.
Doesn't he look proud?
We have recently taught him how to "shoot" a basketball into a basket or pot or box and celebrate his score.
I guess he has the ability to make generalizations from specifics.
Great!

At least he came and got me
saying "Po. Po?"
and led me to the scene.
Not sure if it was to brag about his score
or to get an assist for another shot.
I called the game.

I think "Po" means potty.

He's being saying it lately during diaper changes
and as one of us drag him from the toilet.
Jackson told me that one day he sat his little brother
on the pot to show him how.
Sometimes Levi will stand next to the toilet,
say "po" and act like he wants to sit on it again.

Have I reached that glorious stage
where my older children will handle the potty training?
I am teary-eyed just thinking about it.
I LOATHE potty training.


3 comments:

Smullin Family said...

That would be awesome..worked for me with Abree..Rylee and Taylee took the reins on potty-training. :)

Brits said...

Ash taught Austin how to read! I can only hope they'll potty train Eli.

And what a cutie! When will I get to meet him??

Lora Dawn said...

Your writing is so engaging, Candice! Love it!

And what a smartie Levi is. So efficient to consider coordinating his sports and his new body skills into the same room of the house.
I bet he figures out the potty training part on his own.