In our family we get to have a friend party every-other year, or so.
This was Jackson's lucky year.
His theme of choice: bugs.
I always begin a friend party with a whole lot of useless worry about the kids having fun and enjoying what we have planned.
I mean, what if they didn't? The horror!
This awesome group of boys quickly put all those worries to rest.
We had dozens of balloons blown up and strewn all over just for the fun of it.
They quickly turned them into a balloon battle of some sort,
the rules of which I never understood
but it occupied them for well over half an hour.
A great gathering activity that was never planned.
Then we moved on to a "Minute to Win It" game, bug style.
They had to use only their face muscles to move a gummy worm from their forehead to their mouth.
This was Jackson's lucky year.
His theme of choice: bugs.
I always begin a friend party with a whole lot of useless worry about the kids having fun and enjoying what we have planned.
I mean, what if they didn't? The horror!
This awesome group of boys quickly put all those worries to rest.
We had dozens of balloons blown up and strewn all over just for the fun of it.
They quickly turned them into a balloon battle of some sort,
the rules of which I never understood
but it occupied them for well over half an hour.
A great gathering activity that was never planned.
Then we moved on to a "Minute to Win It" game, bug style.
They had to use only their face muscles to move a gummy worm from their forehead to their mouth.
I loved their faces during the game.
Friend from school Justin looks like a statue.
Cousin T-dog looks like he's in pain.
Friend from school Justin looks like a statue.
Cousin T-dog looks like he's in pain.
Then it was teams racing to wrap their teammate into a toilet paper cocoon.
Peek-a-boo winner!
Peek-a-boo winner!
Jackson's cake request was simple and I LOVED that. His gift to me.
A two layer chocolate cake frosted dark with a spider web on top.
"There has to be a big spider with some food wrapped up that he's about to eat."
I'm all about sticking toys in my kids' cakes so a plastic spider came out of toys and a piece of starburst from a Halloween bucket was shaped and dipped in white frosting.
Easy peasy.
A two layer chocolate cake frosted dark with a spider web on top.
"There has to be a big spider with some food wrapped up that he's about to eat."
I'm all about sticking toys in my kids' cakes so a plastic spider came out of toys and a piece of starburst from a Halloween bucket was shaped and dipped in white frosting.
Easy peasy.
Here's the crew minus one who came later. These boys come from family, new school, old school and preschool 2 years ago and they all mixed and mingled wonderfully and laughed and giggled the whole time. What a great bunch!
Happy Birthday Jackson!
We love you so much!
We love you so much!
No comments:
Post a Comment