1.27.2010

The Very Hungry Princess

Our little Lizzy is wonderful. She's bright, sweet, funny, caring, calming, funny. She's also hungry. A lot. At least lately. I have felt some impatience growing because I feel like she ALWAYS wants something. She'll clear her dinner table and ask for a snack. Sheesh! So I decided to pay better attention, to get the facts.

Tuesday night, climbing into bed: Will you make a big bekfist wif eggs in the morning?

WEDNESDAY

7:45 eggs, toast w/jam, bacon, juice
8:10 "More eggs please" OK.
10:00 snuck a fistful of Valentine's BIG chewy hearts
10:23 Driving to get Dean so we can get van so we can pick up J.
"Can I have a string cheese when we get home?"
10:40 More driving.
"Do you have anything in your purse I can eat?"
11:10 Waiting to pick up J. at preschool, she's being grumpy in the van
"I want a string cheese, that's why I'm not happy at you."
11:30 Hawaiian pizza
12:00 "Can I have a bagel?" Not right now.
2:00 "Can I have a bagel now?" OK.
3:30 piece of pizza
3:39 "Can I have a nudder pizza?" yes
4:33 "Can I have somefing?" What do you want? "String cheese" OK.
4:49 found 3 more chewy hearts
6:00 applesauce
6:30 BIG bowl of cheerios (remember it was my bday ~ I gave myself permission not to cook.
My kids LOVE it when they get cereal for dinner. Don't judge me.)
6:43 More cheerios
6:58 Birthday cheesecake
7:04 "I want birfday ice cream" 1 small scoop.
8:00 "Can I have some granola?" No.
8:01 "Pretzels."
8:25 "Can we have more eggs for bekfist?"


Soooo.....it's just me, right? This shouldn't phase me at all, right? Right?

vday siggy

2 comments:

Horsley5 said...

Gotta love the growth spurts! Paige goes thru those too - but holy cow kid!! I especially love the cereal for dinner (don't judge me) - perfect!

KarenWaite said...

Wow!! That is a hungry little girl! Katelyn has had swings of super-hunger lately, too.

I'm DEFINITELY not judging the cereal for dinner. I feel like I'm the "hero" when we have cereal for dinner, because the girls always say thank you about 20 times. Hmmm, what does this say about every other dinner.... :)