1.29.2010

Congratulations Micaela!

Today Micaela was recognized at school for achievement in reading!
Yeah Micaela! She truly loves reading. At school, during the reading hour, she and her friend Katie get to go to the 3rd grade classroom to work with them. I'm proud of her for this and grateful there is a way to keep her from getting bored but am sure that it also contributes a bit to the too-big-for-your-britches episodes we experience around here.

After the ceremony the students were allowed to take their parents and siblings wherever they wanted to. Instead of taking us to the warm, interesting classroom, Micaela chose the cold, out-dated play ground. This was so she could climb up the stairs with Lizzy, shove her down the wet, frosty slides, then walk back down. Lizzy's frozen tush was saved by the whistle.


vday siggy

3 comments:

Momza said...

Congrats to Micaela! Ari loves seeing her pics on your blog! Miss u guys! Oh, we have an Elder Wasden here from Nampa, ID. His family is in the Nampa South Stake. He is awesome!

Lora Dawn said...

Yeah, Super reader, Micaela.
I am so excited that you love to read. You can travel ANYWHERE inside a book----and learn to do a ton of fun things.

Smullin Family said...

Way to go Micaela!
I think it's awesome that you love to read..wish I was more like that when I was your age.